Ultimate Chocolate Cheesecake
1 ¼ cups chocolate wafer cookie crumbs (about 20 to 22 wafers ground)
1/4 cup (1/2 stick; 2 ounces total) unsalted butter, melted
1 cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
1/4 cup hot, brewed coffee mixed with ¼ cup very hot water
¼ teaspoon salt
14 ounces (4 bars) GODIVA Large 72% Dark Chocolate Bars, divided
16 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
4 large eggs, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. PREHEAT oven to 325°F.
2. Mix cookie crumbs, melted butter and 2 tablespoons granulated sugar in a bowl until combined. Press mixture onto the bottom of the springform pan; set aside. Dissolve salt in hot coffee mixture; set aside.
3. With a serrated knife, coarsely chop 3 ½ of the GODIVA Solid Dark Chocolate Bars; save the remaining ½ bar for garnishing the cake. Place chopped chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium (50% to 60% power) for 1 minute. Stir. Continue to heat in 30-second intervals until the chocolate is almost completely melted, but some small chunks remain. Stir until smooth, and cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
4. Beat the cream cheese using an electric mixer at low speed, about 4 minutes or until creamy. Gradually add the remaining 1 cup sugar and beat until blended, at least 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Reduce speed to low and slowly beat in the coffee mixture and vanilla extract. Drizzle in melted chocolate and beat until blended. Pour mixture into prepared crust.
5. Bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until cheesecake is puffed and center is set, but slightly wobbly; edges may have tiny cracks. Cool the cheesecake completely in the pan on a wire rack. Then cover the pan with aluminum foil and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
Vanilla Whipped Cream (optional)
1 1/4 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Fresh raspberries or other fresh, tart fruit
1. Loosen the cheesecake edges from the pan with a thin-bladed knife or offset metal spatula; remove the springform pan side.
2. Beat heavy cream, granulated sugar and vanilla extract in a small bowl using an electric mixer at medium speed, for about 2 to 4 minutes, or until stiff peaks form. Do not over beat. Spread whipped cream over the top of the chilled cheesecake. Grate the remaining ½ Dark Chocolate Bar over the top of the whipped cream. Slice cake into wedges using a serrated knife, wiping clean after each cut. Serve immediately with tart fresh fruit. Or refrigerate whole cake until ready. Remove cheesecake from refrigerator about 10 minutes before slicing.